Yes, we know it’s only September, but here at OnlyWillow we need to start thinking and talking about Christmas.
Olivia has already shared on our Instagram stories that we will have limited order slots for November and December, and we recommend that to avoid disappointment you should contact us sooner rather than later.
If the rest of this year is any indication, it looks like this holiday season won’t be anything like previous Christmases, and a lot of us may miss out on meeting our family and friends in large groups. It’s not all doom and gloom though, maybe instead we might get to enjoy multiple mini celebrations over the course of the season.
No matter how we celebrate, it would be great to put some time and thought into what gifts we can share with our loved ones, to show that even though we can’t spend time with them as much as we would like, we are still thinking of them always.
In the retail sector, the Christmas season can account for almost half of the annual revenue for a store or business. This could be a make or break time for a lot of small businesses, so we implore you to spend wisely this year.
We would like to share with you some top tips for a successful gifting season:
- Start early; yes, it is much easier said than done but genuinely makes all the difference. Not only can you spread the cost over multiple pay-days, it also allows for any delays in deliveries too.
- Wrap and label; don’t spend Christmas Eve panic wrapping a pile of presents, sat on the floor in a defeated puddle surrounded by random off cuts of paper and all stuck up with tape. Allow yourself time to enjoy a relaxing drink in front of a nice warm fire instead by wrapping presents as you purchase… just remember to clearly label them! You think you will remember what it is and who it’s for… but what if you don’t? Remember, all OnlyWillow items come beautifully wrapped up already!
- Make a list (check it twice); list everyone you plan to buy for, group together some ideas maybe even plan in a budget. For those impossible-to-buy-for people maybe do some research, ask around or snoop on socials for some hints and inspiration. Some of the best gifts are the ones you choose and someone else pays for, so pay attention to things that people talk themselves out of, they do want it but maybe they don’t need it and can’t justify it- this is a perfect gift! It also shows you were being attentive. Keep track of what you have got sorted already, nothing like ticking things off a list to feel productive.
- Plan!; Store opening times are reduced currently and less people are allowed to enter to browse. It’s unclear if that will change by November/December so you won’t necessarily have chance for a last-minute mad-dash round to pick up a few last bits and pieces. Get what you can as soon as you can. If you are ordering something bespoke, make sure to allow enough time for it to be made and delivered.
- Get help; if you’re struggling, feel free to ask for advice, whether in-store or on social media. Sometimes having someone else to bounce ideas off can get the juices flowing, or they will suggest something you might never have thought of. We know and love our products inside out so if you have any questions please ask, the only silly question is the one that goes unanswered.
We hope this helps you plan and manage your gift buying for a wonderful Christmas this year. There are some things that are completely out of our control right now and causing us no end of stress, but this is something we can all take charge of and use to enjoy a sense of ‘normality’.
Stay Safe and Shop Small and Local where you can.
Written by Siobhan Green.